You are buying Coenzyme Q10 (also known as ubiquinone, ubidecarenone or CoQ10) which is an oil-soluble substance is present in most eukaryotic cells, primarily in the mitochondria. CoQ, or Q10 is a 1,4-benzoquinone, where Q refers to the quinone chemical group, and 10 refers to the number of isoprenyl chemical subunits in its tail. It is a component of the electron transport chain and participates in aerobic cellular respiration, generating energy in the form of ATP. Ninety-five percent of the human body’s energy is generated this way. Therefore, those organs with the highest energy requirements—such as the heart, liver and kidney—have the highest CoQ10 concentrations.
There are three redox states of coenzyme Q10: fully oxidized (ubiquinone), semiquinone (ubisemiquinone), and fully reduced (ubiquinol). The capacity of this molecule to exist in a completely oxidized form and a completely reduced form enables it to perform its functions in the electron transport chain and as an antioxidant respectively.
Supplementation of CoQ10 may help support a healthy metabolism.
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Caution: Do not exceed 800 mg per day
Coconut Q10 (Coenzyme Q10 & Coconut Oil Recipe for Increased Bioavailability)
- Heat 16 fluid ounces coconut oil to between 100°F (38°C) and 110°F (43°C) in a sauce pan on the stove.
- Add 25 grams Coenzyme Q10 powder. The powder will melt instantly and dissolve into the hot oil.
- Stir for one minute.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to between 80°F (27°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Pour mixture into a rigid plastic or glass resealable food storage container and allow to cool to room temperature.
- At below 76°F (24.4°C) coconut oil will turn solid, but that's alright.
- The blended oil should be kept sealed but refrigeration is optional.
- A level half teaspoon of this oil, liquid or solid, will net approximately 130 milligrams Co-enzyme Q10, which is in the usual range of a commonly recommended serving size for this most bio-available form of CoQ10.
- Do not exceed a serving size of 1 level teaspoon (260 milligrams) of the blended Coenzyme Q10 coconut oil per day, except under the care and supervision of a physician.
- Take your CoQ10 preferably with a fatty food at meal time. You may spread it on toast, or add it to any food like you would as if it were butter.
This 16 fluid ounce recipe will net 96 level teaspoons, or 192 level 1/2-teaspoons, enough highly bio-available coconut oil dissolved Coenzyme-Q10 for more than a 6 month supply.
- Review by Nancy on 12/29/2014
I did use the recipe provided and not only am I not getting any fillers, but am getting more coconut oil into my diet... a definite plus!
Thank you Pure Bulk~