Magnesium citrate is a safe and bioavailable source of magnesium, combined as an ionic salt with citric acid. Both magnesium and citric acid play important roles in human metabolism.
Dietary magnesium is required by every cell in the body and is a necessary component in hundreds of metabolic processes. Magnesium supports muscle, immune and nerve function, and energy transport. Magnesium functions as a cofactor in many biochemical reactions. Magnesium is also a coordinating ion for adenosine triphosphate (ATP) , the main carrier of metabolic energy in the body. Magnesium is also required for biosynthetic processes such as glycolysis, formation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), energy-dependent membrane transport, and transmission of genetic code for protein synthesis.
Citric acid is a component of the Citric Acid Cycle, an energetic process that takes place in mitochondria and produces two thirds of the food-derived energy in higher organisms.
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1) Measure 1/2 level tsp Magnesium Citrate (1662 mg)
2) Add the juice of 1/2 lemon, or add 830 mg Citric Acid powder.
3) Add 8 fluid ounces almost boiling hot water (between 70°C to 212°C).
4) Stir for about 30 seconds to 1 minute until water turns clear.
5) Add sugar or sweetener to taste.
6) Cool with ice or cold water, adding about 4 fluid ounces more water bringing total to about 12 fluid ounces.